Wednesday, August 18, 2010

(SHOPPING) Sunday, June 13


Since Sunday was the only day in the trip that we were given the day off, I used it to my full advantage to sleep in. My roommate Amber and I both woke up around noon and received a text that a group was heading to The Hard Rock Café in about a half hour. We got ready quickly and along with Olivia, were out the door in fifteen minutes. Hard Rock Café was awesome! I had only been in one other one in Puerto Rico so it was a ton of fun for me! I bought the souvenir cup for my mom and a shirt for myself!


After lunch, Amber, Olivia, and I grabbed a cab and headed to Georgetown for some quality shopping! After shopping for a few hours, we headed back to the dorms to regroup with everyone to head to Arlington Cemetery before dinner. We were a little rushed at Arlington since it was a little longer walk than expected. But after watching the changing of the guards, we headed back to our metro stop-foggy bottom. We then walked the few block and met up with Brian, Jennifer. We had dinner at Bertucci’s, an amazing Italian restaurant with Rob Haworth (Vice President for Champions of Character at the NAIA) and Staci Schottman (Director of Public Relations and Communications at the NAIA). Rob and Staci had pre-ordered our meals and they were delicious!! Having dinner with Rob and Staci got everyone excited for the next two days we would be spending with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment